Thursday, February 11, 2010

You will be missed John...




I found out this past week that John Larson, a good friend of mine passed away. This was incredibly hard for me because I just recently spoke with him and he seemed so happy. I guess you never know when someone is really hurting inside. It makes you realize how short and delicate life really is. I pray that his ex-wife Kristi makes sure those kids know who he was and that they know how much he really loved them. Whenever we spoke, all he ever talked about were those children and how much he loved them.. and how his daughter was so beautiful and going to be a heart breaker. I know he loved them so much.

It's been a sad week wondering about the "why's?" and "what if's". I wish I hadn't been so wrapped up in school this past year so I could have been a better friend to him. I thought I would post a few pictures he emailed me when he was in Iraq and when he got to come home and spend time with his family. In one of them, he broke his finger while his sargeant was standing on his back and he was doing push-ups. It almost looks photo shopped but it's not. He was definitely hilarious... and loved to have a good time.

He was a good man and would do anything for anyone. One of the funny things he would always say was how he still had hair.. and it just didn't look like it because the military made him cut it so short.. He always cracked me up. We had conversations about who was stronger, and I assured him he was because there was no way I could be in the military.. I would be too scared. I know he was fulfilling a life long dream he had being in the military and it makes me sad that he decided he couldn't do it anymore. You were a good friend John. I wish I was a better friend in return. Thanks for the laughs and good conversations. You will be missed...

3 comments:

Amy O'Neill said...

I was shocked to hear the news a few days ago. Very sad...

Fawn Becker said...

This is so sad. When I first heard I just could not believe it.

Amy O'Neill said...

Hey Shanna, Went to Johns funeral today and thought I would share this in case you weren't aware of it... http://johncarllarson.blogspot.com/
It is a blog to share memories of John.